Job title: National Supply Chain Consultant – Nigeria
Location: Abuja, Nigeria (with regular national and international travels to project locations or PSA offices)
Reporting to: CEO, Pamela Steele Associates Limited
Salary: Attractive package based on experience
Terms: 1 year contract with possible extension based on performance and/or funding
PSA is seeking a National Supply Chain Consultant to coordinate delivery of PSA’s technical assistance in Health and Humanitarian Supply Chains systems in Nigeria with specific oversight of BMGF/PSA Health Supply Chain Transformation projects in the country.
Job Description – National Supply Chain Consultant – Nigeria
The National Supply Chain Consultant will be responsible for leading and coordinating the health and humanitarian supply chains capacity development in Nigeria and ensure that they are delivered in line with clients’ expectations. See full Job description 20170201_NSCCNigeria_ Final or click here
- The incumbent should hold at least a Bachelor’s Degree in a related field, such as supply chain, health sciences, public health management etc.
- Mastery of the supply chain and logistics field with over 10 years of experience that enables decision making, as well as the provision of recommendations, that significantly influence important public policies or programmes, and generate new approaches and theories of change as appropriate;
- Strategic and systemic thinking capacity for independently planning, designing, implementing, monitoring and evaluating programmes, projects, activities, or other work, and for making decisions based on the best information available;
- Ability to operate successfully with minimal or no supervision, setting one’s own milestones and goals within the scope of work;
- Successfully manage duties, involving many different and unrelated processes and methods, and a broad range of activities requiring substantial depth of analysis;
- Make decisions in an evolving environment (e.g. where uncertain standards in approach, methodology, or interpretation and evaluation processes result from such elements as continuous changes in the programme, technological developments, unknown phenomena, or conflicting requirements);
- Originate new procedures and techniques;
- Establish criteria for monitoring and evaluation processes; and
- Acquire or develop new information to serve as input for decision making, monitoring evaluation etc.
- Ability to resolve or facilitate the resolution of critical problems, applying leadership and negotiation skills;
- Capability to develop strong personal contacts with the MoH department and programme heads, other development agency health leaders, international experts and organisation high –level staff who can be called on for input or advice; and
- Capability to develop sufficient personal contacts to allow the advisor to negotiate and settle matters involving significant or controversial issues, among persons/organisations with diverse viewpoints, goals, or objectives, requiring the advisor to achieve a common understanding of the problem and satisfactory solution by expansion, compromise, and/or developing suitable alternatives.
The National Supply Chain Consultant will:
- lead by example, to develop a working environment defined by integrity and hard work;
- encourage and incorporate inputs from others;
- promote joint project achievement through individual and team efforts; and
- demonstrate integrity and ethical behaviour at all times.
How to Apply:
Interested candidates should email their resume (cv) and cover letter as a single document on or before 17:00 GMT 15 February 2017 to the e-mail address: firstname.lastname@example.org
The subject of the email must be clearly stated as: “PSA National Supply Chain Consultant – Nigeria”
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.