CILT is a professional body in the Logistics, Transport and Supply Chain Management sector that educates, trains, researches, develops processes and systems for the good of the society.
CILT Nigeria was founded in 1958 and operates under the Royal Charter as an International Branch (IB), (now a Territory). The National Patron of CILT Nigeria is the Honorable Minister of Transport. The Institute is saddled with the functions of Education and Training, certification, setting standards of practice, licensing of professionals, monitoring and regulating professional practice in Nigeria, and is governed by a National Council whose membership is drawn from relevant sectors of the economy. The Institute also has a Board of Trustees, Branches spread across the country and a National Secretariat that manages its day to day affairs.
In order to effectively support the profession and the industry, we have a mutually benefiting relationship with other National Councils, Local and International professional bodies, relevant statutory bodies and Ministries, including Tertiary Institutions.
To develop highly knowledgeable, experienced and productive professionals for the logistics and transport industry capable of enhancing efficiency in line with global best practice.
To promote the development of the art and science of Logistics, Trans-port and Supply Chain in all its ramifications
WHAT WE DO:
Human capacity development through long and short educational training programmes, Certification and Licensing, Monitoring and Evaluation, Membership Registration (Individual and Corporate), Research and Development, Advocacy, Organization of Local and International Workshops/Conferences, Local and International Technical Guided Tours, etc.
The objectives of ClLT are to:
- Ensure adequate supply of qualified personnel to the industry
- Keep qualified individuals up to date throughout their professional working lives
- Play active and influential roles in shaping logistics and transport policies for the future development of the sector
- Promote the study of the art and science of Logistics, Transport and Supply Chain Management
- Offer quality educational programmes that meet the criteria for professional membership of CILT
- Encourage members’ active participation in Continuing Professional Development (CPD).
- Collaborate with the educational sector, statutory bodies and professional institutions with the objective of raising standards for certification
- Foster investigation and research into the development and improvement of Logistics, Transport and Supply Chain by every practical means
- Initiate regular meetings and exchange of ideas with relevant stakeholders and those interested in transportation sector through conferences, round table, regular meetings, discussion groups, seminars etc
MEMBERSHIP OF THE INSTITUTE:
There are six (6) categories of CILT’s Membership, namely;
- Student Member
- Member (MILT)
- Chartered Member (CMILT)
- Chartered Fellow (FCILT)
- Honorary Fellow (FCILT)
You can obtain CILT membership application form at our National Secretariat with a fee of N15, 000, or download it from our website http://www.ciltnigeria.org/membership/education/. Upon completion of the form, you should submit with the following:
- A detailed CV prepared in line with the information at the rear of the application form
- All credentials (photocopies), with original presented for sighting
- Two passport photographs with names and signature at the back
- Any other document that will aid your application
- A teller showing appropriate payments in their specified currencies in favour of Chartered Institute of Logistics and Transport, using the following Bank details: Sterling Bank Plc Account 0010864826
CILT PROFESSIONAL EDUCATION
Professional Education is a prerequisite for developing quality membership and highly skilled manpower for the industry. Accordingly, CILT Nigeria has relationship with higher institutions of learning and specialized organizations which are accredited to undertake the training of candidates for the various levels of examinations.
To this end, the Institute offers five levels of educational programmes as follows;
a. ENTRY QUALIFICATIONS
- Introductory Certificate in Logistics and Transport: Open to members with less than five (5) credit level passes in two sittings in GCE, SSCE, WASC etc at O/Level. Matured members and those with long industry experience.
- International Certificate in Logistics and Transport: GCE, SSCE, WASC, O/Level with 5 credits in not more than two sittings, holders of National Diploma in non logistics and transport fields. Matured candidates can apply.
- International Diploma in Logistics and Transport: Holders of National Diploma in Logistics and Transport, HND, First Degree in any discipline from recognized institutions.
- International Advanced Diploma in Logistics and Transport: Holders of International Diploma in Logistics and Transport, HND, BSc. in logistics and transport or related disciplines from recognized Institutions. Masters Degree in other fields can also apply.
b. ACCREDITED TRAINING INSTITUTIONS
Professional Education remains a pre-requisite for developing quality membership and highly skilled manpower for the industry. In order to achieve this, CILT Nigeria has relationship with higher Institutions of learning and specialized organizations. These institutions and organizations are accredited to undertake the training of candidates for the various levels of examinations. As at date, we have accredited the following Institutions through which we deliver all levels of our courses.
- Lagos State University (LASU), Ojo
- The Polytechnic Ibadan, Sango, Ibadan
- Ladoke Akintola University of Technology (LAUTECH), Ogbomosho
- Olabisi Onabanjo University (OOU), Ago-Iwoye
- Federal University of Technology, Owerri (FUTO)
- Maritime Academy of Nigeria, (MAN) Oron
- Multimix Academy, Surulere, Lagos
- Nigerian Army College of Logistics (NACOL), Lagos
- Nigerian Institute of Transport Technology, (NITT) Zaria
- Federal University of Technology, Akure (FUTA)
- Redeemer’s University (RUN)
- Centre for Logistics and Transport Education (CELOTE), Lagos
- Ribs Business Studies, Lagos
- Centre for Logistics and Transport Studies, University of Port Harcourt
• Local and International Guided Tours
We offer in collaboration with some CILT National Councils in different countries educational and guided tours for members, student and relevant stakeholders. These tours give opportunity for participants to explore the different terrain of the world of logistics and transport in developed countries. It also create other opportunities for business, networking, meeting people, global exposure, sharing views/experiences and many more. We welcome you to tap into the extensive terrain of other parts of the world and broaden your horizon through CILT window.
We organize both local and international conferences within the domain of logistics and transport and associate industries. We also offer professional services as event managers for local or international conferences. CILT usually organize two local and two international conferences annually. We encourage you to participate.
As an instrument for improved knowledge and skill development, CILT usually design, implement and evaluate training programmes which span across the industry – operations, management, administration, regulation etc. Two types of workshops are organize viz:- customized and industry – wide. Customized workshop is organizational specific; Industry – wide is open to the general public. In fact we organize training programmes in all facets of the logistics and transport industry. For details refer to our website and our training materials developed in hard copies.
To engender effective product delivery, we offer wide spectrum of services, through collaboration with individuals and organization in the following areas; education, training, workshops and conferences, technical tours and consultancy.